JEI’s Publication Process
JEI submissions and publications are processed on a rolling basis. Once a manuscript successfully goes through the peer review and editing stages, it will immediately be published online. For more details on the JEI review process, click here.
- All manuscript text should be submitted as Word .doc or .docx files
- Use Times New Roman 11-point font, 1.5 line spacing, and 1-inch margins
- 10-page max limit (shorter manuscripts are acceptable); page limit does not include title page, references, figures and figure captions
- Tables should be included in the manuscript Word document
- Figures should be submitted as separate .jpg, .jpeg, or .tif files, or compressed together as a .zip file
- Projects involving vertebrate animal and/or human research require additional documents for submission
Uploading Your Files
Detailed instructions about how to upload your manuscript and figures in Editorial Manager can be found here.
Order of Authors
All students who contributed to the project should be listed as authors, ordered based on their contribution to the project. The largest contributor should be named first. If multiple authors made the same contribution to the manuscript, note this by placing an asterisk next to the students’ names and a footnote on the title page. There are no restrictions on the number of authors that can contribute to a manuscript – it is acceptable for a single student or an entire class to submit a single manuscript.