What additional forms should I submit with my manuscript?

If you conducted your study at a regulated research institution, you must submit a copy of the IRB/IACUC approval for your study (or the larger project that your study belongs to) or an official letter from the IRB/IACUC attesting that no approval is required.

If your study was conducted outside of a regulated research institution, you will require approval from an SRC. Because most science fair organizers require SRC approval, many middle and high schools already have a designated group of teachers and/or administrators that meet the ISEF requirements for SRC composition.

Vertebrate Animal / Human-Subject Forms

JEI provides forms for vertebrate animal research and human-subject research that you can use to obtain your SRC certification. Additionally, if your research involves human subjects you may be required to collect informed consent forms from each participant. This form must be pre-approved by the SRC and should be developed before you apply for SRC approval – you can find a template consent form and instructions here. When you submit your manuscript to JEI, you should include copies of the completed human subject research and/or vertebrate animal research forms.